Is pediatric physical therapy right for your child?
by Emily Norton, Marketing Strategist and Analyst
The American Physical Therapy Association states, “Pediatric physical therapists (PTs) work with children and their families to assist each child in reaching their maximum potential to function independently and to promote active participation in home, school, and community environments. Physical therapists use their expertise in movement and apply clinical reasoning through the process of examination, evaluation, diagnosis, and intervention” (Section on Pediatrics, APTA, 2009). Pediatric physical therapy is adapted to the individual need of each child to progress motor development and function as well as strength and endurance in children ages 0-21.
Top 6 reasons to try pediatrics physical therapy:
- Delayed Milestones (0-15 months) – Is your infant behind in rolling, sitting, crawling, standing, walking?
- Delayed Coordination (3-15 years) – Does your child struggle with motor coordination or sports activities like jumping, catching, running, or skipping?
- Walking Difficulties or Deficits – Does your child trip or fall often? Can your child walk for long distances without rest?
- Musculoskeletal diagnoses – Does your child suffer from cerebral palsy, spina bifida, TBI, Down Syndrome, or a similar diagnosis?
- Torticollis (0-8 months) – Does your infant look to one side more often than the other or have difficulty turning their head?
- Does your child have any musculoskeletal injuries?
If you have answered YES to any of the above questions, then your child might benefit from pediatric physical therapy. A physical therapy session at Kinetic Edge entails hands on techniques and therapeutic exercises tailored to each child’s specific needs. Goals are reached through play or recreational based activities. It is important that each child is engaged, motivated, and having fun throughout each therapy session so they can succeed and achieve functional goals to carry over into their everyday activities.
We’re offering these FREE pediatric screen days with Whitney Steingard on:
Tuesday, October 10 from 1:00-6:00 PM
Kinetic Edge in Pella — 604 Liberty Street, Suite 227
How do you reserve a time for the pediatric screen day?
Email us or call our office to register using our toll-free number, 866-588-0230. Don’t hesitate reserve a time. We have limited 20 minute screens.
So if you would like to attend, register now! Call 866-588-0230 or email us.